Junior Active Leadership Course
This course is designed to provide trained, knowledgeable and enthusiastic community-based physical activity junior leaders. Leaders will be equipped to work in a range of locations, including local clubs, community groups, community centres and sports clubs.
Junior leaders will also aim to increase their own interest in physical activity in a variety of practical ways including:
- Encouraging a range of people, such as friends and family to take up active leisure pursuits.
- Applying their knowledge and skills to plan, organise and lead safe, enjoyable activity sessions with small groups and
assisting in the planning, organising and running of community sports days.
- The intended outcome is that the Junior trainee leader will be competent and confident in taking charge of a group for physical activity sessions.
- Understand their role as a leader and how they will apply it within their group.
- Display an ability to plan and lead a fun physical activity session demonstrating leadership skills such as communication, observation and group management.
- Demonstrate an ability to safely lead inclusive physical activity sessions while building their confidence and social skills.
Please visit our Bookings section to check if the programme is currently available.