The responsibility for conducting the election rests with the local authority returning officer. The cost of running the election is met by the local authority.
Notice of Election
The Notice of Election is published not later than the 28th day before the polling day. This gives the public notice of the following matters:
- The times for receiving nominations
- The amount of the deposit
- The times and place at which nomination papers may be obtained
- The times and place at which the returning officer will attend to receive nominations
- The day and the period fixed for the holding of the poll if the election is contested