Kildare County Council seeks engagement on new Draft Climate Action Plan 2024-2029
To secure the sustainable future for the citizens of Kildare
Kildare County Council has launched a public consultation on the development of a new Climate Action Plan 2024 – 2029. The ambition of this plan is to create a low carbon and climate resilient County, by delivering and promoting best practice in climate action in Kildare. Kildare County Council is seeking engagement from the citizens and businesses in Kildare on the content of the plan, to help secure a sustainable future for the citizens of Kildare.
The plan establishes the actions (mitigation and adaptation measures) to be delivered by Kildare County Council, businesses, and citizens in the County in response to the climate challenge. It sets out how Kildare County Council is responsible for enhancing climate resilience, increasing energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, across its own assets, services and infrastructure. Demonstrating a broader leadership role of influencing, advocating and facilitating other sectors, to meet their climate targets and ambitions and to increase climate literacy, while supporting the Government’s National Climate objective, which seeks to achieve the transition to a climate resilient, biodiversity rich, environmentally sustainable and climate neutral economy by 2050 is also central to the role of Kildare County Council in this plan. The Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Act 2021 has a legally binding climate ambition to deliver a 51% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
Public Consultation Drop-In Clinics will take place at the following locations and members of the public are encouraged to come along:
- Maynooth Library Wednesday, 27th September from 10.00-12.30pm
- Naas Library Tuesday, 3rd October from 10.00-12.30pm
- Leixlip Library Tuesday, 10th October from 2.00 – 4.30pm
- Athy Library Wednesday, 18th October from 2.00 – 4.30pm
- Newbridge Library Thursday, 26th October from 5.00 to 7.30pm
The Kildare County Council Draft Climate Action Plan, the Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report and Appropriate Assessment Natura Impact Report, will be on display until Friday, 3rd November 2023 at 4pm, at the following locations:
- Online on Kildare County Council’s Climate Action Plan Consultation Portal
- Kildare County Council, Level 1, Aras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Monday – Tuesday and Thursday - Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) between 9:00 to 17:00pm
- Kildare County Council Libraries (Maynooth, Leixlip, Naas, Athy and Newbridge Libraries) during their respective opening hours
Alternatively, you can make a written submission to the Climate Action Coordinator, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare W91 X77F.