Notice of Pre-Draft Public Consultation for proposed Maynooth and Environs Joint Local Area Plan 2024-2030
In accordance with Section 20 (1) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Kildare County Council and Meath County Council propose to prepare a Joint Local Area Plan for the Maynooth and Environs area. A Local Area Plan is a statutory document that sets out the land use strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of an area.
To stimulate discussion and encourage public participation at this stage in this process, an Issues Paper has been prepared which sets out the key planning issues pertaining to Maynooth. A copy of the Issues Paper is available at the following locations to download and/or inspect from Friday, 30 September to Friday, 11 November 2022 (6 weeks) inclusive:
- Online at: https://consult.maynooth.ie
- Maynooth Community Library, Main Street, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
- Planning Department, Kildare County Council,Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co Kildare.
- Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath.
Council staff from both Local Authorities will be available to answer general queries and provide guidance on the pre-draft consultation and plan-making process at a ‘drop-in’ event in the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 12 October 2022.
Kildare and Meath County Councils now invite submissions from interested parties in relation to the Issues Paper before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 11 November 2022. Your name and address should be stated in your submission, and where relevant, the body or organisation represented. Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are welcome to make submissions. Please make your submission in one of the following ways only (Late submissions, e-mail or faxed submissions will not be accepted):
- Online at https://consult.maynooth.ie ; or
- In writing to:
- Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co Kildare, or
- Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath.
A report will be prepared on submissions received and will include the names of those who made submissions. This report will be published on our websites. Details of your privacy entitlements and obligations under GDPR can be read here:
This is your opportunity to have a say in the future development of your area. We look forward to hearing from you. Deadline for submissions: 4:00 p.m. Friday, 11 November 2022.
Eoghan Ryan Des Foley
Director of Service Director of Service
Planning and Strategic Development Planning, Economic and Tourism Development
Kildare County Council Meath County Council