For Traffic Fines Issued in County Kildare Click here to pay Traffic Fine
In accordance with Statutory Instrument S.I. No. 748 of 2021 Local Authorities (Traffic Wardens Act 1975) (Fixed Charge Offences (Amendment) Regulations 2021 issued by Minister for Transport Eamon Ryan, as of 1st February 2022 Fixed Charge Notice issued for vehicles parked on a footway, grass margin or medium strip, parking on a cycle track or in a bus lane or on a bus only street increased from €40.00 to €80.00.
If the Fixed Charge Notice is not paid within 28 days of the issue date, the Fixed Charge Notice amount increases by 50%. If the Fixed Charge Notice is not paid within 56 days from the date of issue Legal Proceedings may be initiated.
Apply For Parking Permit
Kildare County Council Virtual Permit System
Kildare County Council Resident, Monthly and Trader permits are now Virtual and may be applied for via the portal below. Visitor permits are still issued as paper discs, however the application for these is also carried out via the portal.
How to apply for ALL permits:
- Use the URL link to access the virtual permits portal.
- Register your details using the “Create Account” option on the top right of the screen.
- Create account making sure to enter you address, phone and email information.
- Add a vehicle registration to your account.
To apply for a permit:
- Select the permit category you require from the portal home page which is accessed by clicking on the KCC Logo at any time.
- Select “View Tariffs” and press the “Select” button you require.
- When prompted, please upload information required to support your application (Proof of Address, Id, etc.) - Remove
- Once you have completed an application you will receive and email confirmation that your application has been submitted for approval by Kildare County Council.
To Pay for Your Permit:
- If your application is successful, you will receive another email confirmation containing a link to pay for your permit using the secure payment gateway.
- Once payment is received your permit is active and the registration on the permit is protected (Resident, Monthly and Trader permits). For Visitor permits the disc(s) will be posted out (remove) to you.
- You can log into your account at any time using the portal to check on the status of your application, to pay for approved application (“My Bookings”) or to make changes to personal details (“Personal Info”) or vehicle registrations (“Vehicles”).
- If you wish to switch protection from one vehicle to another you can log into your account, select “My Bookings” and change the registered vehicle on the permit to one which has been added using the “Vehicles” option. Please Note that only ONE vehicle is protected on the permit at any one time.
Kildare County Council aims to provide a professional and consistent parking management service for the benefit of all its citizens and visitors to the county. The Council regulates illegal parking and manages parking spaces on public roads and in public car parks to ensure a regular turn-over of parking spaces. This regulation of illegal parking and turn-over of parking spaces will make our towns more accessible and more attractive to shoppers, customers, business people and tourists.
Kildare County Council operates pay parking in the following towns:
The towns of Newbridge, Kildare, Celbridge, Leixlip, Naas, Athy and Maynooth are contracted, regulated and managed by APCOA Parking Ireland Limited
Apcoa Parking Ireland Ltd has been awarded the contract to operate the pay parking regime within the towns of Newbridge, Kildare Town, Celbridge, Leixlip, Maynooth, Naas and Athy
In the towns of Newbridge, Kildare, Celbridge, Leixlip, Maynooth, Naas and Athy a 15 minute observation period applies prior to the purchase of/on expiry of a valid pay and display ticket.
Illegal parking outside the towns of Newbridge, Kildare, Celbridge, Leixlip, Maynooth, Athy and Naas is enforced by Kildare County Councils own Traffic/Litter Wardens.
(Regulated) Pay Parking:
Kildare County Council’s Traffic Wardens and/or its agents who operate pay parking;
DO NOT clamp vehicles
DO NOT receive commission or bonuses in relation to the number of parking fines issued.
DO NOT have a parking fines quota/target
Time frame of parking fines issued as of July 01st 2015
Day 1 - Fine issued
Day 10 - Reminder issued
Day 29 - Original fine increases by 50% (Statutory Increase)
Day 57 - Admin fee of €40.00 added to the fine amount
- Court & Warning letter list sent to Solicitors & KCC
- Solicitors warning letter sent for fines not paid within 56 days.
Day 95 - Summons issued
Day 95 - Summons & legal fee of €100.00 added to the fine
(approximately) amount .