skip to main content
  • 045 980200
  • Head Office: Áras Chill Dara Devoy Park Naas Co Kildare W91 X77F

Supports for Ukrainians in Kildare


You can open a basic bank account if you do not have the ID and proof of address that you need to open a current account. The Irish Banking Culture Board has a Guide to Basic Bank Accounts in Ukrainian.

Many banks have made it easier to open a bank account if you have arrived in Ireland from Ukraine.

An Post (the Irish postal service) has current accounts. You need photo ID (you can use expired ID), your temporary permission letter and your PPS number. You need proof of address:

  • A signed letter from the person you are staying with along with a household bill in their name
  • A letter on headed paper if you are staying in temporary accommodation provided by the Irish state.

Post, Phone and Internet Services (Communications)

If you don’t have a safe postal address, you can use the Address Point service from An Post.

You can get a free SIM card with 3 months of free usage from any local post office. Bring your temporary permission letter. This is the letter that says you are living in Ireland under the Temporary Protection Directive.

You can send letters and parcels to Ukraine for free if you are Ukrainian or have recently arrived in Ireland from Ukraine. You should show either your temporary permission letter or photo ID.

You can get free access to computers and to the internet at any public library. You can contact your local library to find out more about how to use these services.