skip to main content
  • 045 980200
  • Head Office: Áras Chill Dara Devoy Park Naas Co Kildare W91 X77F

Fire Service

Fire Service Contacts:

In the case of an emergency Don't hesitate dial 999 or 112 and ask for the Fire Service

Central Fire Station

Co. Kildare
W12 PW70

045 454800

045 432530


Controlled Burning

Controlled Burning is where a person notifies the Local Authority their intent to carry out supervised burning on private land. This allows people to burn surplus agricultural waste and growth, and is covered by a Temporary Agricultural Exception under the Waste Management Regulations 2009.

Such burning does not require the Fire Brigade to attend such incidents. This procedure helps ensure that the Eastern Regional Control Centre (ERCC) is aware in real time when Control Burning occurs and to help prevent spurious mobilisation and a needless reduction in fire cover.

This procedure sets out how the ERCC, the Local Authority and the person intending to burn will deal and monitor where controlled burning is taking place.

1: Any farmer/person, who is preparing to burn agricultural waste, must inform the Local Authority Environment Section in advance.

2: The Local Authority should record the exact address (including townland) of the proposed burning, the date, time and duration of the burning. A contact name and telephone number will also be required to be recorded.

3: Upon commencement and completion of the Control Burning, the person intending to burn should contact the ERCC on 0818 300 112 (Non Emergency Line). They should give the exact address (including townland) and time of the proposed burning. This will ensure that the Fire Brigade are not mobilised to that fire.