The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, launched the 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme on 21st July 2023. This is a €15 million Fund designed to revitalise and regenerate our rural towns and villages.
The Fund will support dozens of projects nationwide with a focus on tackling vacancy and dereliction and bringing additional footfall into the centre of our towns (with a population of up to 15,000) and villages (with a population of up to 10,000).
Grants will be made available to support the development of a wide variety of projects, for example:
- Outdoor projects such as plazas, parks, playgrounds and green spaces
- Funding of local authorities to acquire land for regeneration purposes;
- Remote Working spaces/needs
- Bringing vacant and derelict buildings back into community spaces; and
- Farmer and artisan markets.
For more information on the launch of the scheme, please visit gov.ie - Our Rural Future: Minister Humphreys launches 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme (www.gov.ie).
The expression of interest form and scheme outline is available below. Completed expression of interest forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 25th August 2023.