Housing Department Opening Hours – by Appointment Only
Allocations/Transfers (045) 980705 - Appointment Only
Tuesday, Wednesday 9am – 1pm
Homeless Services (045) 980230 - Appointment Only
Mon - Fri 9am – 1pm - except on bank/public holidays
Housing Grants (045) 980480 - Appointment Only
Wednesday 9am – 1pm
HAP (045) 980818 - Appointment Only
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 11.30am – Level 1 – except on bank/public holidays
Contact number for appointments: 045 980200
Expression of Interest for Emergency AccommodationFile Size: 14KB - Document Type: MS Word
Homeless Service Contact
If you wish to contact Kildare County Council Homeless Service,
Phone: 045-980230. Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm
Out of hours service: 1800 804 307 Monday-Friday 5pm - 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 12pm -5pm
Homeless HAP Place Finder Service
To qualify for Homeless HAP the following conditions apply
1. If you are currently in Emergency Accommodation or have a valid Notice to Quit from your Landlord.
2. Have been engaging with Kildare County Council Homeless team over the last 6 months.
3. Have a valid up to date Social Housing Application with Kildare County Council.
The Homeless HAP team will provide
When you secure Private Rented Accommodation we can assist you with a Deposit and one months rent in advance in order to secure a tenancy.
You must comply with the Homeless HAP conditions in order to recieve this payment
The Homeless HAP Place Finder can be contacted on 045-980914/ 045-90230
Kildare County Council Homeless Service
If you are (a) homeless, (b) at risk of homelessness, (c) rough sleeping, and your last permanent address was in Co Kildare and you have a valid Social Housing Application you can contact the homeless team at 045 980200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our team will carry out an assessment, if you are deemed homeless, temporary accommodation will be organised.
The following information will be required to carry out the assessment.
- Photo ID for all adults and children (if available)
- Proof or PPSN for adults and children
- Verification of homeless correspondence – NTQ
- Bank statements
- Proof of income
- Proof of accommodation history to establish a jurisdiction for a person’s homelessness according to the Housing Act 1988 (sec 10)
Who does Kildare County Council understand to be eligible for emergency accommodation?
- If are you eligible for Social Housing with Kildare County Council.
- If you have nowhere to stay on the day you contact Kildare County Council
- If you have no right to remain in the place where you have been staying
- If you are at risk of harm if you remain where you have staying
- If you cannot pay for any accommodation for yourself.
When a person declares themselves homeless, Kildare County Council will conduct an assessment to determine if they are eligible for homeless service provision under section 2 of the Housing Act 1988.
Are you in dispute with your landlord
Private Residential Tenancies Board – PRTB http://www.prtb.ie
If you are renting privately and are in dispute with your landlord the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB) offer a landlord tenant dispute resolution service. The tenancy does not need to be registered to access this service. The mediation process is supportive and non-confrontational. A mediator assists the parties to explore each other’s respective positions and reach a resolution of the dispute to which both are agreed.
Contact the Private Residential Tenancies Board, on 01 635 0600 Monday to Friday: 9.30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Renting and worried about losing your home?
The Freephone 1800 454 454 is provided by Threshold on behalf of Kildare County Council
Monday – Friday 9am – 9pm
It will work with other key services to make sure that assistance is available to you and your family if you are at risk of losing your home in the private rented sector.
Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) is a free, confidential, independent and non-judgmental service for people in debt, or in danger of getting into debt, in Ireland
To contact MABS their helpline is 0818 07 2000 WhatsApp 086 035 3141
Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm
Email email@example.com or http://www.mabs.ie