Community Activities Fund
Kildare LCDC are inviting applications for Kildare Community Activities Fund (CAF) 2022. The Community Activities Fund provides funding to community groups/organisation to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas/target disadvantaged groups or respond to COVID 19 priority groups.
The CAF is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and administered by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs). in each Local Authority area.
Kildare LCDC has been allocated €296,027 under this scheme to be allocated in the following way:
- €180,905 Current funding for use towards running/operating costs
- €115,122 Capital funding for use towards carrying out necessary repairs and improvements to facilities, energy efficiency type projects, purchase of equipment etc
The aim of CAF 2022 is to provide grants towards:
- Running costs such as utility bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges) or other operating costs for e.g., rental/lease costs, insurance bills. Staffing related costs are not eligible
- Carrying out necessary repairs and improvements to facilities, purchase equipment for e.g., tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, lawnmowers, canopies, and training equipment etc.
Making an application
Please note that applications have moved to an online system, any applications submitted by hand, post or email will not be considered. It is highly advisable that applicants give plenty of time to make their applications. As this is a new online system, it is recommended that applications are made at least ten days before the closing date.
In advance of making your application:
- Read the CAF 2022 Application Guidelines available Community Activities Fund Guidelines
- Review the YouTube guide prepared by Kildare County Council on how to use the new online grant application system. While some of the questions are changed to fit the criteria of CEP, this video provides a step by step guide to help applicants with the online grant process, this video can be viewed here
CAF 2022 Online Application Form available here https://submit.link/EM
Closing date for applications is 5.00 pm Monday 28th February 2022
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted