skip to main content
  • 045 980200
  • Head Office: Áras Chill Dara Devoy Park Naas Co Kildare W91 X77F


New deposit return scheme

Are you ready to Re-Turn?

Ireland will soon be introducing a Deposit Return Scheme. In February 2024, when you buy a drink in a plastic bottle, aluminium or steel can that features the Re-turn logo, you pay a small deposit in addition to the price of the drink. When you return your empty, undamaged container to any retail outlet, you get your deposit back in full.

With return points all across Ireland, returning your Re-turn drinks containers couldn't be easier. Anywhere that sells drinks with the Re-turn logo, must accept your empty, undamaged containers and refund your deposit.

As a circular economy initiative, the new Deposit Return Scheme aims to move away from the ‘take make and dispose’ culture to one of returning valuable materials, and keeping them in the economy for as long as possible.

For more information, go to


Are you managing your waste correctly?

Kildare County Council raising awareness of correct segregation, storage and presentation of waste

Kildare County Council has launched an awareness campaign reminding every household and commercial premises in Kildare of their responsibility to minimise, manage and dispose of their waste by using an authorised waste collection service, a civic amenity site or recycling centre.

The public awareness campaign is asking households and commercial premises to ensure they are waste compliant by correctly managing their waste.  By doing so they will make an important contribution to meeting the climate challenge as well as improving the quantity and quality of recyclable material collected and help to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and incineration.

Along with local authorities across the country Kildare County Council have adopted Bye-Laws to ensure a consistent approach to managing our waste – Segregation, Storage and Presentation. 

All household and commercial waste must be segregated into:

  • Dry Recyclables
  • Food and Compostable Waste
  • Residual Waste

Food waste and other compostable waste must be disposed of by either composting, using civic amenity sites or via a brown bin service provided by your authorised waste collection service.

Authorised Waste Collection Services are obliged by law to provide separate bin service for food / compostable waste in agglomerations of 500 or more people.

Kildare County Council are actively carrying out inspections to help ensure compliance with the Bye-Laws and failure to comply with the requirements of the Bye-Laws may result in a fine or legal prosecution.

See the council bye-laws for more on this.

Further information on a wide range of of topics such as getting a waste provider, recycling facility locations and how to use your brown bin is available from