skip to main content
  • 045 980200
  • Head Office: Áras Chill Dara Devoy Park Naas Co Kildare W91 X77F

Development Control

Building and Development
Control Contacts:

Request an Estate to be Taken in Charge

When a residential development is complete, the developer may submit a written request to Kildare County Council to have the development taken in charge. 

A taking in charge request can also be made by a plebiscite comprising of the majority (51% or above) of homeowners in a development. This right is reserved only for owners of houses, it is not possible for tenants to make a request for a development to be taken in charge.

All requests are subject to the development being completed to a taking in charge standard and in accordance with the relevant planning permission and any conditions attaching. Please see our Taking in Charge Policy and Specifications for more details.

Completed application forms should be submitted to