Draft Kildare County Development Plan 2023 - 2029
The Draft Plan is on public display from Monday 14th March 2022 to Tuesday 24th May 2022 inclusive and is available for inspection at the following locations;
- Online on our Virtual Consultation Rooms at https://draftkildarecdp2023-2029.ie/
- Online at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/draft-kildare-county-development-plan-2023-2029
- Planning Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare during opening times of 9.00am–4.00pm, Monday to Friday (closed Bank Holidays). Appointments can be made online by phoning 045 980200 or at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/
Copies of the Draft Plan are available for purchase from the Planning Department, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare, contact the Forward Planning Team 045 980790
Cost €200 for Volume 1 – Written Statement
€150 for Volume 2 – Written Statement (Settlements)
€550 for full set of documents including Appendices
Online Public Information Sessions
To facilitate a discussion and to provide an overview about the policies, objectives, actions and targets within the Draft Development Plan three independently facilitated online public information sessions will be held at the following times and dates:
Wednesday 6th April 7pm - 9pm
Wednesday 27th April 10am -12pm
Wednesday 11th May 2pm - 4pm
As all three sessions will follow the same format, and to accommodate all those who wish to attend, interested members of the public are asked to attend only one of these sessions. Attendance at one session can be booked via the website https://draftkildarecdp2023-2029.ie/ under the ‘Public Information Sessions’ section.
If you have any enquiries about the draft stage of the County Development Plan review, a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) is published on the Consult website for your information. For any additional enquiries, please call the Forward Planning Team on 045 980748
Observations or submissions regarding the Draft Development Plan, Appendices (including additions and deletions from the Record of Protected Structures), Environmental Report, Natura Impact Report and/or the Strategic Flood Risk Assessment are invited from members of the public and other interested parties, including children, or groups/associations representing the interests of children. You can make an observation or submission via the following two options only;
- Registering on https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/ where you can then make a submission on the draft chapters, topics and maps. You may also submit drawings of any areas relating to your submission on the interactive development plan map.
- Written observations or submissions may also be made. These should be clearly marked ‘Draft Kildare County Development Plan 2023-2029’, and submitted to the Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare W91X77F. Observations or submissions must include the full name and address of the person(s) making the submission and where relevant, the body or organisation represented.
Please make your submission by one of the above mediums only. Please also note that observations or submissions will be made public on the website and at the offices of the Planning Department. As an online facility has been provided for your convenience, e-mail and faxed submissions will not be accepted.
Observations or submissions must be received by 4.00pm on Tuesday 24th May 2022.
All observations or submissions received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Kildare County Development Plan 2023-2029.
Details of your privacy entitlements and obligations under GDPR can be read here: https://kildare.ie/countycouncil/AllServices/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/
Kildare County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Acts 1997 and 2014. If you consider that any information supplied by you is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for its sensitivity specified. In such cases, the relevant material will, in response to FOI requests, be examined in light of exemptions provided for in the FOI Act. Kildare County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 to 2018. In order to assist us with complying with the Data Protection Act please include your name and contact details on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/observation as submissions will be published on the council’s website.