Retail Window Merchandising Grant
**THIS SCHEME IS NOW OPEN**
The focus of this scheme is to provide a level of financial support to retail businesses, in our town centres, to design & develop their business in 2022. This scheme will financially assist and support independent retail business owners to enhance their window displays or for merchandising. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The window design/merchandising grant will be administered through Kildare County Council and each local Authority has the right to use their discretion in regard to their process and the development of appropriate terms and conditions that are appropriate for their respective streetscapes, businesses etc. All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements.
In order to apply for the Retail Window Merchandising Grant all applicants must adhere to the following application process:
Attended the Retail Visual Merchandising Workshop.
- It is important that all Costs and Quotations are included.
- The Economic Development Unit will approve the application (pending all applicants having completed the training module with the LEO Kildare, listed below)
It is important that the following are included:
- Photo of current exterior/window of premises
- Indicative Costings for purchases (website quotes will suffice)
- Written Quotes for work that is proposed
- Written proof of ownership (if the premises is owned) or written permission from the landlord/owner that the proposed work can be carried out
- A copy of the header of your business bank statement which includes business name and account details.
- Proof of payment of commercial rates or a payment plan in place with Kildare County Council
The Economic Development team will review your application
- Once we review the application, we will respond with decision.
- Only when approval of funding is received may you make purchases to be funded.
- Once work has been completed your contractor must then be paid and the claim can be submitted to Economic Development Unit
- To claim for purchases forward paid receipts for the items approved to the Economic Development Unit
- At this stage, payment can be made to the applicant
Who can apply?
Businesses that have attended the Retail Visual Merchandising Workshop that will took place on the 21st of September
- The scheme is open to all existing retail businesses to improve their window appeal and/or to assist with merchandising
- Those premises that have no commercial rates outstanding to Kildare County Council or have a payment plan in place.
The scheme will provide Retail Window Merchandising Grant of 80% funding on eligible expenditure up to a max. of €500
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th November
**THIS SCHEME IS NOW OPEN**
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 045980838